Beta Release

Coordinator
Apr 8, 2010 at 7:08 AM
This is the first release of the Phidgets for RDS on CodePlex. It supports RDS 2008 R2 using an updated version of the RDS V1.5 code supplied by Phidgets Inc. Please provide feedback for the next release. Additional developers are also welcome. Trevor
Aug 7, 2010 at 2:44 PM

I've run into trouble trying to install the Phidgets services. I was able to get through the first six steps of the installation instructions from the Documentation page and was able to successfully build the PhidgetBoards solution, but the build of the PhidgetServices solution failed. Apparently, the PhidgetBoards.Y2006.M08.Proxy.dll file is missing.

During the build attempt, I got a couple of warnings, one of which read "Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "PhidgetBoards.Y2006.M08.Proxy". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors."

There were also ten errors. One read, "The type or namespace name 'PhidgetEncoderBoards' does not exist in the namespace 'Phidgets.Robotics.Services' (are you missing an assembly reference?)"    It's for the file PhidgetEncoder.cs. The other errors are similar.

I'm using MRDS 2008 R2 and Visual C# 2010 Express.

Thanks for providing the Phidgets software. I've been trying to figure out how to program Phidgets using VPL for educational purposes, but I don't have the skill to write the services. I appreciate any help you can provide on this installation problem.